Position: Lead Network Engineer
SILVER SPRING, MD
MAY 24, 2019
The client is a leading information technology (IT) provider for mission critical systems leveraging the latest technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions from small mobile applications to large, complex enterprise applications. Our professionals specialize in multiple disciplines including program management, system integration, system design, system development, cybersecurity, infrastructure and data analytics.
• Provide status to Program Manager on Network projects and tasking
• Mentor Network Admin non-key personnel
• Provide support to other areas – such as: System Admins (Windows/Linus; Helpdesk and Information Assurance)
• Review existing wireless network designs and core network switch configurations to ensure they meet the latest security guidelines and that the network is running at optimum levels.
• Configure and maintain Cisco devices such as router, switches, Nexus switches and firewalls
• Recommend updates and changes to the existing WAN network design, LAN design, and wireless network design
• Recommend updates and changes for the existing core network switch configurations
• Generate network designs for new locations
• Design network switch base line configurations for new models of network switches that do not have established baselines.
• Conduct market research for network projects.
• Engineer wired network solutions for future projects.
• Develop and maintain accurate network documentation and network diagrams
• Perform network assessments and security audits.
• Review existing WAN and LAN designs which are in one of the following formats: Visio, CAD, PDF, Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Support Cisco VOIP technologies
• Understanding knowledge of ATO process
• Manage switches, routers, firewalls, application delivery controllers/load-balancers, wireless, VPN and security devices
• Monitor the network to ensure acceptable performance and availability, and identify and resolve network problems
• Ability to analyze an existing network, identify improvements and make recommendations
• Experience with WAN optimization, application delivery/load balancing (F5 or Citrix NetScaler), cloud network management (Meraki), VMware, SAN/NAS storage, and SolarWinds preferred
• Experience with MS Products (MS Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
• Excellent written and communication skills
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5-7 years of experience providing technical writing support to DoD, National Security, and Federal information systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Security + required
• Cisco Certification – CCNA and/or CCNP is preferred and CCNA Wireless
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Active Top-Secret clearance
SCOTT STAIB, PARTNER