Position: SCRUM MASTER
CONTRACT TO HIRE
Aug 20, 2018
- Lead one or more agile development projects from as scrum master and team member
- Employ best practices for agile methodology utilizing both the Scrum and Kanban framework, while operating within the department’s overall SDLC Framework
- Work collaboratively with a team of senior project managers and the program manager to give input around and support the strategic direction of the initiative as a whole
- Motivate and support project team members
- Ensure they have the tools and knowledge to do their job and that all blocking issues are resolved quickly
- Create self-organizing agile teams
- Facilitate the delegation of tasks and responsibilities among team members
- Engage business/product owners in the creation of user stories and requirements
- Refine user stories for development consumption, and maintain an accurate backlog
- Act as Facilitator for sprint planning, daily standups, sprint demos and refactoring/reflection sessions
- Communicate project status via Agile Reporting Guidelines to all internal stakeholders and continuously refine/improve metrics by working with the team
- Escalate issues that require executive attention
Education & Qualification Requirements
- Seven plus years demonstrated success in AGILE projects over business and technology lines.
- Experience leading teams through the AGILE / SDLC process
- Certified Scrum Master designation preferred.
- Scaled Agile / SAFe experience and certifications also desired.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience.
Sonny Gupta, Partner